Saturday, January 1, 2011

White Wine Spinach and Beef Pasta

 The new year is upon us! Happy 2011. The accountant and I spent the entire day organizing and reorganizing the house. I feel like I own a new house now that we are all done! Our primary purpose downstairs was to find a new home for all Olivia's Christmas toys. She made out good on the toy count! Mommy loves the toys too because they keep her so busy!! Here they are keeping her busy while I cook. Here is what we had for dinner tonight! I hope you enjoy.

 Ingredients:
1 pound of grass fed ground beef
2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 large onion
1/2 cup of halved organic cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
1 bunch of organic spinach, chopped
1 small head of organic cauliflower, chopped
11 cloves of garlic (yes 11!)
1 cup of dry white wine
1 tsp of crushed red pepper
2 Tablespoons of dry basil
sea salt to taste
Organic Olive Oil for drizzling
pasta of your choice
2 Tablespoons of pine nuts (optional)
Parmesan cheese (optional. The accountant had this I did not)

Serves 4 people. Prep and Cook Time 30 minutes
Directions: In a large cast iron skillet place onion, ground beef, coconut oil and black pepper. ( I accidentally threw a few tomatoes in there too early) Cook until meat is browned.
 Meanwhile in another pot on the stove top bring water to a boil for your pasta
 Chop the spinach, cauliflower and crush the garlic
 This is where I was putting all my cuttings for the compost pile. Now it is sitting outside my back door until tomorrow morning.
 Next take one cup of white wine, basil, red chili pepper, pine nuts and cauliflower and add it to your browned meat mixture in the cast iron pan.
 Salt to taste


 When cauliflower is softened add in spinach leaves. Cook until they are a texture you like to eat.





Place pasta on plate. Add spinach and meat mixture to the top of pasta. drizzle with Olive oil. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails