Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year To All! Today I had a wonderful day taking down Christmas decorations, putting them away, sorting through numerous boxes in our small storage space above our closet getting rid of the old so we can enjoy all the new. I am not one to hold on to things for long periods of time. This doesn't mean I am constantly buying new things but it does mean if I don't use it for something whether that be to decorate, cook with, wear, clean with, and so forth. I send it to the good will where hopefully someone that will make use of it will purchase it. (With the exception of one keepsake box each for my husband and I) We have an 1800 square foot house with NO garage and minimal storage space. Therefore if I cannot use or display it, I cannot keep it. Makes for simpler living. We are hoping to build a storage shed this summer for my husbands tools so I can use my spare bedroom for sewing and crafts. That is the second thing on the "to do" list for the coming new year. Second only to my chicken coop for the 5 or 6 chickens I am planning on buying come March.
I haven't written a resolution list in years. Instead I write "to do" lists. I find I am more likely to do the things on that list. Plus they seem to be more manageable more targeted things rather than a generalization such as "I will diet" or "I will eat healthy". When you think about it what do those things really mean? They are made up of a list of things "to do". So instead I write a list that looks like this:

  • Build a chicken coop for 5-6 chickens, using as much free material as possible
  • Build a shed for Jason's tools
  • Walk 3-4 times per week, check it off on the calendar when I do
  • Learn to bake bread using whole grains
Alright so maybe a "to do" list and resolutions are the same thing but whatever works right? I hope you have a Happy New Year and look forward to sharing all my adventures and ideas in the coming year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails