Thursday, January 20, 2011

On My Bookshelf



Books:

Mr Brown Can Moo by Dr Suess. Olivia's favorite book she makes some of the noises as we read. When I ask her to go get a book for mommy to read her this is what she drags back!

The Rest of God by Mark Buchanan. A book to remind me and inspire me to slow down.

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp this book is written by a lady whose blog I love to follow called Holy Experience. I have only read the first chapter and have cried my way through it. She is a gifted writer, sharing her story about love, loss and the goodness of God.

Becoming a Woman of Simplicity by Cynthia Heald. My current bible study. A great reminder as to what the simple life really is.

Chick Days An Absolute Beginner's Guide to Raising chickens by Jenna Woginrich. The accountant and I are beginning to build our chicken coop. We need to prepare for those chicks right! This is a great book with lots of full color photos.

Magazines:

Cook's Country Magazine I picked this up when I was at the local food co-op this past month. There are some fantastic looking recipes and I hoping to try soon.

Real Simple Magazine month of February. I had a free year long subscription that is coming to an end soon. I will miss it because the pictures are fun to look at.



Blogs:

Will Work for Decor a blog by a very creative friend who loves to take photos and make things.

Frugal Granola a great blog about living the simple life. Great resource and inspiration.

Heavenly Homemakers blog written by a home schooling mama of four boys! She has wonderful recipes and is an inspirational resource to me.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails