- Homemade facecloths. I cut up an old t-shirt into 6 inch squares and use it for make up removal or lotion application. It not only uses something I was tossing out but also is reusable! Just throw it in the wash and use again.
- I tend to have dry skin. Very dry skin. Using coconut oil for cooking one day I got it on my hands. I rubbed it in and had such smooth skin! Now I use it as a moisturizer for trouble spots such as my feet, elbows and hands. At night occasionally I will put it on my feet then place socks on them. When I take them off I have such soft skin! It is like a spa treatment if I set those stockinged feet on a hot water bottle.
- Homemade aromatherapy- place a pot of water on the cook top or put water in a mini crock pot and let come to a low simmer. Add any of the following items or combination of: a cinnamon stick, drops of vanilla extract, 5-10 drops of essential oil, or a lemon wedge. Your house will soon smell like the warm scented water.
- Mayo is a terrific skin conditioner. I use it on occasion on my face. Eggs help firm the skin, the vinegar balances the pH and oil adds moisture. Works as a great chemical free makeup remover too.
- Get rid of eye puffiness with yesterdays black tea bags. Place cold or luke warm bags over each eye for 10-15 minutes. I great addition to a relaxing bath time.
- A homemade dandruff treatment is steeping 1 heaping tablespoon of fennel seeds in boiling water and let sit until the water is at room temp. Strain seeds and pour the "tea" over your hair after you shampoo. No need to rinse!
I welcome any of your ideas for other pantry treatments for personal care products. Anyone have any to share?