Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Homemade Granola Recipe

This granola is so good! Basic simple ingredients. Yummy goodness. I made mine in less than an hour today after wedding shopping all morning yet again with my mom for decorations. Let me know what you think.

First occupy the baby...her new favorite thing to do. Push chairs around.

 She pulls all her toys out within minutes...spreading them everywhere.


 Okay. Baby is busy. Let's start.
Makes about five cups
Ingredients:
4 cups of regular or thick rolled organic oats
1/2 cup of organic raw nut of your choice. I used almonds
1/2 teaspoon of organic nutmeg
1 teaspoon of organic cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup of organic maple syrup
4 Tablespoons of organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon of organic almond extract
1/2 cup of organic Thompson raisins

Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl except raisins


 In a small container place maple syrup, coconut oil (melted) and almond extract. Mix together.

 Mix wet ingredients together using hands.
 I caught baby just about to empty out my sugar bag.

 Place parchment paper on 2 or 3 cookie sheets. Spread a thin layer of the mix on the paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, remove from oven, stir mix around. Place back in oven for another 10-15 minutes until light and toasty brown. Do not over toast.

 Place the hot cereal in a bowl. Add raisins. Toss together. Let cool completely.

 When cooled. Store in closed jar or container.

Enjoy with milk, yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup and apples. Thanks PCC for the original recipe!Part of the tasty tuesday parade.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Susie is into pushing chairs too! She pushes her little red metal chair from one end of the house to the other, back and forth; depending on my mood I play mean mommy because of the horrific scraping noise it makes, or sometimes if I need to get something done, I let her go at it to her heart's content! The things that entertain them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails