Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Banana Coconut Flour Muffins Dairy and Gluten Free

These muffins are perfect for my little Olivia. Soft and moist, very low in sugar! I found the original recipe on the tropical traditions website and altered it to be dairy free.
 Ingredients: 1 cup of organic coconut flour
6 eggs
2 ripe bananas
4 Tablespoons of melted organic extra virgin coconut oil
2 Tablespoons of coconut milk (or almond milk)
3 Tablespoons of honey
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
 Directions: Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F
Mash bananas in a separate bowl
 In another bowl place the coconut flour and baking powder. Mix together.
 Beat the six eggs in yet another mixing bowl, then add the coconut milk, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Mix it all together.

 Then take the bowl with the coconut flour and gradually add it to the egg bowl. Add in the mashed bananas.
 "When do I get some?"

 Place in muffin tins and put on middle rack in the oven.
 Bake for 20 minutes. Makes about 12 muffins

Hearth and Soul blog hop
Tasty Tuesday Parade
Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! I wanted to personally welcome you to the Hearth and soul hop this week! I am now following your blog! What a lovely little girl you have! I had two like that but they are "gasp!" almost grown up and my first will be going to college in the fall. It goes by so fast so I am glad you are enjoying her! Thanks so much for linking up this lovely gluten free muffin recipe. We have one gluten sensitive family member so we try and make most main dishes gluten free and love to make snacks she can eat like this. Thanks for linking to the hearth and soul hop! I dont see your twitter badge or I would follow you. If you are on twitter, please follow me at amoderatelife and I will add you to the hearth and soul hop twitter list! All the best. Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful that you made these grain-free too. I love coconut flour and really want to experiment more, but my husband is allergic to eggs. Definitely a limitation, but I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails