Friday, January 28, 2011

Chocolate Mousse Gluten and Dairy Free

Today I was craving chocolate mousse. Yummy cool, chocolatey mousse. So I opened up my copy of "Living Without" a gluten free magazine looking for a recipe I knew I had seen in it. Yum! Here is the result! ( I altered the recipe)

First occupy baby with a drawer full of things to pull out.

Ingredients:
2 very large very ripe avacados
4 tablespoons of organic unsweetened cocoa powder
3-4 Tablespoons of organic maple syrup (to taste)
1 tablespoon of organic extra virgin coconut oil
1 teaspoon of organic pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of freshly grated organic orange zest
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
pinch of cayenne powder (optional, for my friend this was too spicy)
1/2 cup of organic rice milk




Directions: Scoop out the inside of the avocado and blend in your blender or food processor. Then add all of the remaining ingredients and blend together until smooth. Add more rice milk if you want it thinner. It should be a mousse like consistency.





When throughly blended spoon the mixture into serving dishes. Chill for an hour and serve.




Yummy mommy! My new favorite treat.



2 comments:

  1. Some packaged chocolate mousse mixes are gluten free, too, and probably a bit fluffier than the avocado base would allow for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice. I would agree that this is more of a pudding consistency.!(0:

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails