Friday, March 25, 2011

Turkey Burgers with cilantro relish

I had ground turkey in the freezer that I decided it was about time we ate tonight. I perused the web for recipes and decided on a modified version of the one I found on the whole foods website. I was minus a few of the ingredients so I took the liberty to substitute and omit. I think they tasted fabulous! The real test will be when the accountant gets home from his LONG day at work. I liked the sweet flavor that the chile pepper roasted sesame oil added to the meat. I will make these again!

Ingredients: (all organic preferred)

Relish:
1/3 cup of organic seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon of honey
1.5 tablespoons of grated fresh organic ginger
juice of two small organic limes
1/2 cup of cilantro leaves, chopped
1/2 a organic cucumber, diced
2 cups of pineapple, chopped
1/2 a yellow sweet bell pepper, organic, cored, seeded and chopped
1/2 a medium red onion, finely chopped

Burgers:
3 Tablespoons of gluten free soy sauce
1 teaspoon of sesame chile oil
4 green onions thinlly sliced
4 cloves of garlic, diced
1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard
3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
1 pound of ground turkey

Of course the buns of your choice ( I used millet and flax gluten free buns) and condiments, perhaps lettuce too


Place all the ingredients for the relish in a bowl and mix together. It should look similar to this when it is done.
 In another bowl combine all the ingredients for the turkey burger except the turkey. Mix together than add the turkey.
 Shape into the desired size burger patty and cook on the griddle until done.



 Place on bun with condiments of choice, add relish and serve!

I must say these were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails