Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thai chicken dish

Saturday it was beautiful outside! The accountant and I enjoyed lots of yardwork and visiting with family and friends. I realized at about 7pm that we still had not eaten dinner and needed to sometime soon. Earlier in the day I had cooked up one of my whole chickens because I like to seperate off the meat and freeze it in small portions for quick meals during the week.
I decided to use some of this meat tonight. I looked in my pantry and fridge to see what I had and decided to make Chicken Pad Thai.

My pantry today:


Here is my ingredient list.

2 Tb of coconut oil (amazon.com subscribe and save)
1 small yellow onion
1 chicken breast (keep in mind mine was pre-cooked)
1/4 cup of cilantro (farmers market)
1 small tomato (farmers market)
1 sweet bell pepper (mine was purple from the farmers market!)
8 swiss chard leaves (my yard)
Thai rice noodles (Costco)
Sauce of your choice. I used a teriyaki sauce from trader joes
Optional: peanuts
This recipe serves 3 comfortably. Four would work but be a bit of a stretch.
With pre-cooked chicken it takes 25minutes to make



First I placed a pot of water on to boil for the rice noodles ( I cooked according to instructions on box)

In a pan on medium heat I placed the coconut oil, and onion. I let onion brown.


When onions were beginning to brown I placed bell pepper, chicken, cilantro, tomato and swiss chard in the pan







I waited for the swiss chard to wilt a little then I added the teriaki sauce and peanuts



At this point the water was boiling so I cooked the noodles and continued to let the stir fry simmer on low



When noodles are done, Serve!




Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails