Friday, March 11, 2011

Grass Fed Beef and Lamb Purchased!

A Frisian Holstein cow in the Netherlands: Int...Image via WikipediaSo today I bit the bullet and made our largest food purchase for the year. I bought a grass fed lamb (which I am sharing with my mother-in-law) and 1/4 of a grass fed cow. I purchased through Klesick Family Farms because I have found their meat to be very tasty and reasonably priced. My total (minus the butcher) came to $300 for the cow and $250 for the lamb. Not a bad price when one considers that a t-bone grass fed steak at the grocery store is $17 dollars a pound. Grass fed local lamb has an even higher price! I will get about 4 of these along with many, many other cuts of meat. Now I know that all this talk of meat might be too much for the vegetarians, but I must feed my very meat hungry accountant husband!

I am happy to report that my cow will have lived a very happy life prior to meeting it's end, which is more than I can say for the meat at Safeway or Albertsons.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails