Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Organic Coffee

I recently discovered that coffee is second only to cotton in pesticide load. Put another way it is the second most sprayed crop in the world. Now I don't know about you but I have a hard time affording organic clothing (although I have recently found some at Walmart of all places!) but I can afford organic coffee. I buy a huge bag of it from Costco once per month.


Per WebMd Coffee has many health benefits among them are 

  • Decreased risk of type 2 diabetes (oddly enough, the more the better for this – so they say), colon cancer, Parkinson’s disease, cavities, and gallstones
  • It can also increase your mood and help with headaches.
  • “Overall, the research shows that coffee is far more healthful than it is harmful,” says Tomas DePaulis, PhD, research scientist at Vanderbilt University’s Institute for Coffee Studies.
  • I’m sure Dr. Nicole could list some more for us, and she even gives us this great latte recipe:Perfect Dairy Free Latte, so there must be something good about coffee
You are more likely to enjoy these benefits drinking organic coffee.

The most common chemical used in coffee production is synthetic petroleum based fertilizers which slowly destroy the soil's fertility and seep into local water supplies. 

So join me in making a small difference in our bodies and our world one cup of coffee at a time! Drink Organic Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails