Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Coconut oil chocolate chip cookies

I love coconut oil. Today I was having friends over for tea and I wanted to try some cookies without butter ( dairy free), these are not gluten free as I did not want to try two things at once. I found this recipe http://www.fakefoodfree.com/2010/01/baking-with-coconut-oil-chocolate-chip.html which I modified slightly. They turned out wonderful! I think it is my new favorite recipe. The cookies are soft and slightly chewy. Perfect!
Here is my modified ingredient list:

1 cup of Bob's Redmill Whole Wheat Pastry flour ( Buy in bulk at Winco for a good price)
1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of extra virgin coconut oil ( I buy through amazons subscribe and save)
1 cup of organic sugar (I buy a very large bag at Costco)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup of chocolate chips

Click on the following link  for the original authors directions http://www.fakefoodfree.com/2010/01/baking-with-coconut-oil-chocolate-chip.html . I cooked mine in the oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Any longer and they would brown around the edges. I did not include the walnuts though I am sure this would be good!
Here are my pictures.


These are delicious cookies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails