Monday, January 23, 2012

Homemade Butter

 Today I had a desire to try and make my own butter. Here is how it turned out...yummy!! I highly recommend attempting some of your own.
 Home-made butter is so easy to make! All you need is some cream and patience.
I made butter today by beating cream for twenty minutes...here is what it looked like.


 I changed beaters half way through because the kitchen aid was taking too long. The hand held beater worked much better. Notice the butter separating from the leftover milk.

 I separated the whipped butter from the milk through a strainer. Then placed the butter in a bowl in the fridge for use on our homemade bread later in the evening. The milk will be used to cook Olivia's oatmeal in, for breakfast tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails