Friday, September 24, 2010

Mint-Vinegar Skin Toner

About a week ago I got my copy of  "The Herb Companion" in the mail. It is one of my favorite magazines. I look forward to it coming in the mail as it is always chock full of fun ideas and recipes.
This time around they had an article on Herbal Vinegars for your skin and hair. Here is my favorite one so far:

3 Tablespoons of fresh mint leaves (or 1 Tablespoon of dried). I pulled mine from the garden making this a very very cheap recipe to make.
2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1 cup of distilled water

Directions as stated in the magazine:
" Mix together all ingredients, then pour into a clean container and let sit for 3 days"
"Strain of filter out all solids and pour into a clean bottle with a tight fitting lid."
"To use: Apply to clean skin with a cotton pad."






Here it is strained. I had not found a bottle to put it in yet.




I love this recipe! Note it tingles when you apply it to your freshly cleaned face! The magazine says it is good for the blackheads in oily skin and the flakiness of very dry skin. My face feels soft after using it.
Make sure you wash the mint leaves before cutting up. The water does get a dirty brownish color but it feels AMAZING as it tingles on your skin. I want to experiment with more mint to see if it tingles more.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I just finished drinking some Bragg ACV with honey and hot water. That stuff is like a miracle potion! Love it. I have some mint in the garden...maybe I'll try this once I'm feeling better. Cool blog, Jess. Love the background of the wood panels. :)
    em

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails