Saturday, September 4, 2010

Organic Ginger Chicken stir fry

This week I got my first "box of good" from Klesick family farms. I was so excited. It is an adventure to look and see what they are sending you. I opened it up and it had baby bok choy. Yummy I though stir fry! Then I talked to my momma in law and she suggested green beans (which were also in the box) and ginger. So here is the result of my cooking. Inspired by Klesick family farm and my momma in law!

Serves 3-4 people      Prep time: 30minutes
Optional extras: Brown rice or rice noodles

Ingredients:
2-3 organic baby bok choy ( Klesick Family Farm)
2 handfuls of organic green beans, halved (Klesick Family Farm, box of good)
4 tsp of organic grated fresh ginger
1 small organic yellow onion
Two cups of cooked chicken, organic free range ( Trader Joe's. 2.69 per pound for a whole chicken)
1 organic green pepper (Trader Joe's)
1/2 cup of organic mushrooms (Trader Joe's)
2 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of crushed red pepper
3 tsp of raw apple cider vinegar (Briggs is wonderful!)
3 Tablespoons of coconut oil (nutiva, amazon.com)
1 organic avocado ( Trader Joe's)
1 tablespoon of organic sugar (optional)
black pepper and Himalayan salt to taste

First place coconut oil and onion in pan on medium heat

Then add chicken, green pepper, green beans and cook on medium heat until green beans begin to soften.


Then add your chopped up bok choy, grated ginger, crushed red pepper, apple cider vinegar, salt, black pepper, mushrooms, sugar and garlic powder. Cook on medium heat until bok choy is a consistency you enjoy eating. I cooked mine for 5 minutes.


Serve with rice noodles or brown rice. Eat and enjoy! The freshly grated ginger gives this dish the appropriate amount of kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails