Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Quinoa Salad




This is a great salad for a picnic, pot luck or side at a party. It's easy to do and great in hot weather. I made it yesterday to take to my in-laws. It takes about 30 minutes to make and serves 6-8 people.

Ingredient List:

Dressing:
Juice of 2 small lemons
8 Tbls of Olive Oil
1/2 cup of cilantro, minced
Sea salt to taste (1 tsp in my salad)
Ground black pepper to taste. (3 tsp in my salad)

Salad:
3 cups of frozen or fresh organic corn (I used organic frozen from Costco)
2 cups of uncooked quinoa (bought organic large bag at Costco)
1/2 tsp of cumin powder
2 cups (15 ounce can) of cooked black beans
2 medium tomatos, diced (I used roma)
1/2 of a red onion, minced


First Cook Quinoa. I put mine in my rice cooker, 2 cups of dry quinoa with four cups of water and pressed start. If you are using the stove top use the same ratio and stir to keep off bottom of pot. Takes about 15 minutes on the stove top.

When quinoa is cooked place in a large mixing bowl and add corn

Then add black beans and mix together
Dice tomatoes

Add tomatoes to salad and mix


       Dice onions and add to salad. Mix it altogether.




Next in a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt, pepper and cumin.
kind of looks like an egg...but it's not.


Finally mix dressing with quinoa salad and then serve.




Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I used this recipe today and it turned out fantastic! :)
    Em.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails