Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Living organically, cheaply and simply


Hi! So I am a 32 year old first time mommy who worried about all the toxins out there in the environment and foods who is trying to live as organically as possible on one income without adding to our burden of debt (we have a large mortgage and owe about 5000 on credit cards). My little girl Olivia is now 5 months old. I recently made the decision not to return to a very rewarding job as an ICU nurse. Not only is it rewarding helping others the money was great! One day perhaps I will return but for now I am off on a new adventure, relying on my husband for income and trusting God to provide, living as simply and organically as I can. I know the road ahead is fraught with challanges. I have $250 a month to spend on food and household items. Can one do that and eat organically? We will see. My desire is to buy grass fed beef and pesticide free produce. On top of all that for me it must be dairy and gluten free! I am excited and challenged by the road ahead. If you saw my budget you would see how tight we really are (four dollars left over at the end of the month). We will be giving up our cell phones at the end of the month to free up 80 dollars more per month. It will be quite a change! What will life be like with only a house phone? We are going to purchase an emergency only cell phone to carry around in our old beater cars (a 1987 Cadillac cimarron and a 1991 Plymouth acclaim). I want to buy good for me cosmetics, cleaning supplies and body care. In this blog I hope to share my daily experiences and challenges. Perhaps share with you a good deal when I find it, share my made at home menu plans, and my failures and successes. The road ahead of me seems exciting, fraught with danger and reward. Thanks for sharing the journey with me!

3 comments:

  1. Like this one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your blog, looking forward to more recipes. I have not set-up a profile yet, this is debk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, you rock. lol. i love your blog and have been trying to follow in your footsteps so to speak.

    http://ballerinaballer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails