Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Toasted Almond Snack

Summer is upon us, well soon hopefully. Needless to say the weather in the Pacific Northwest is not looking promising. I've started to make snacks to take on summer outings like the zoo, hoping the weather will turn soon. This snack is a hit with Olivia so I thought I would share it. First you need 1-2 cups of raw organic almonds, a bottle of ume plum vinegar and sea salt or Himalayan Pink salt.

Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the rack on the middle shelf. Spread your almonds (or cashews) on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. (Watch the nuts so they do not burn, I cook mine until I begin to smell them.) Remove the nuts from the oven. While the nuts are hot drizzle with the vinegar and salt to taste. Let cool and serve! You can store this snack in an air tight container on the counter for a month or in the freezer for 6 months. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails