Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Curried Chicken Salad in Lettuce Leaves

For Mother's Day my mom bought her and I a cooking class at the Puget Sound Consumers Coop called essential salads. We went this past Monday. It was lots of fun, plus I learned alot about what you can combine together. Now when I say salads I don't mean lettuce, carrots and dressing. I mean all sorts of fun stuff like "crunchy endive and bleu cheese salad". This recipe here today is a slight modification of one we were taught on Monday. 
Ingredients: 2 cups of cooked organic chicken ( I cooked a whole chicken and used two cups of it)
3 teaspoons of curry powder
1/2 cup of mayo of your choice ( I used grapeseed oil mayonnaise)
juice of 2 organic lemons
3 tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
sea salt to taste ( I used 1 teaspoon)
1 cup of toasted organic almonds, chopped
4 organic celery stalks, diced
1/2 cup of organic parsley
1/2 cup of organic thompson raisins
1 head of lettuce of your choice

Directions: First cook your chicken and toast your almonds. I toasted my almonds for 10 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees on a cookie sheet. Cooking the chicken will depend on if you bought pieces or a whole chicken.

Next in a medium bowl mix together curry powder, mayo, lemon juice, olive oil and salt.






This is your dressing. Next chop up your chicken, almonds, celery and parsley. Add them to the dressing bowl.




Mix together

Serve in a lettuce leaf!


I served mine for dinner with a quinoa side dish. This makes a great summer meal. It would work great for a picnic or memorial day side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails