Monday, May 2, 2011

Baked Zucchini Spaghetti (with quinoa noodles)

 Olivia is already bending the boys to do her bidding. Tea anyone? The kids had fun while I made dinner!

 So this is pantry and freezer month for me. I am excited to meet the challenge of only spending 150 dollars. Should make for some interesting pantry meals. This one turned out good. Feel free to substitute your choice of noodles, sauce and cheeses!


Ingredients:
5 thinly sliced organic zucchini's (we will sate these), these were left over from last weeks CSA box
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups of my frozen spaghetti sauce, feel free to use your own or store bought organic. (This was my freezer item.)
2 packages of quinoa spaghetti noodles, on sale last month at Fred Meyers (these are my husbands favorite non traditional noodles, this was my pantry item)
cheese of your choice. I grated a small 4 ounce block of goat cheese, then on top sprinkled Parmesan cheese. I left my portion cheese less.
9x13 inch pan.
Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a frying pan ( I love my cast iron one by Lodge Logic. Cheaper on Amazon than in any of the stores I have found) on the cook top saute the thinly sliced zucchini with coconut oil, salt and pepper until the zucchini is soft.

 Next cook your noodles as directed on the box. I started boiling my water while cooking the zucchini.

 Place cooked noodles on the bottom of the 9x13 inch pan.
 Next place the cooked zucchini on top of the noodles.
 Following the zucchini I grated my goat cheese.
 Then I placed my frozen spaghetti sauce over the cheese.
 Finally I sprinkled the Parmesan over the top.
 Then I placed it in the oven on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Until the cheese melted and started to slightly brown. Serve!
 Just had to show off the chickens. The polish (the one with the poof on his head) is my rooster. I can't wait for my first batch of eggs!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails