For Olivia I have Hylands C Plus Cold Tablets and Hylands Vitamin C Tablets. We followed the directions on the package and her symptoms (a fever and runny nose) were minimal four hours later. I am also giving her my homemade elderberry syrup once in the morning and once at night. In her sippy cup I put the cooled tea "cold care" for kids, she LOVED it!
For Jason it was a little bit more complicated. He has a harder time fighting colds since he had his spleen removed in high school so I wanted to make sure I got enough immune enhancing stuff to help reinforce his own natural immunity. After consulting my favorite book " Prescription for Nutritional Healing fifth edition" by Phyllis A Balch I ended up with the following items:
- Tea- Organic Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat "supports throat health" by Traditional Medicinals
- Vitamin C- I bought mine in the form of Emergen-C Oseries on sale at Fred Meyer this week for 3.99 plus a two dollar off coupon!
- Super Lysine by Quantum Health good for " Aids in destroying viruses...do not take longer than six months".
- Oscillococcinum by Boiron homeopathic medicine for fighting cold and flu symptoms.
- Zinc Lozenges - "Boosts the immune system. Keep on hand for the first sign of a cold." For pain relief of sore throat , healing and improved immune function.
- Colloidal Silver- Antibiotic and antiviral properties. Apparently no known side effects.
- Mens One Multi Vitamin with vit B and probiotics-For healing and general good body health
- Tea Tree Oil- For cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Vitamin E- promotes healing and tissue repair.