Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gift Idea: Homemade Bath Salts

 The other day I was browsing throught the bath isle. I was dreaming about a good long soak in a hot tub so I checked out the bath salts. I was astonished when I discovered the price tag was five dollars for a tiny little package. " I can totally make this!" Was my thought. Here is the one I came up with. I have a few more mixed up but won't share them til I try them out first in the tub. These are super simple to make, only take about 5 minutes and can be wrapped up really cute.You only need 3 simple ingredients. Invigorating Ginger Bath Salts.
 Ingredients:
 1 cup of epsom salts (mine were 2.99 at Fred Meyers)
2 cups of baking soda (I have the large bag from Costco)
2 Tablespoons of powdered ginger
Directions: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.( warning very powdery). Place in storage or gift container of choice and then use! See super simple. Very inexpensive and so relaxing to use!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Well, it's rough making things like these...you have to try them out and someone has to do it! =) So, I just got out of a bath where I just mixed epsom salts, baking soda and about 15 drops of Lavender Ess. oil. It was a very nice bath, but I did notice that if I give this one away to people it is kind of "bland" looking visually.
    I thought thyme could be sprinkled in the jar as it would probably go well with lavender, but then I remembered about one of my favorite teas: Traditional Medicinals Camomille and Lavender! I cut open a bag and added it in. It did make it look more pretty! I think this could be a bit pricey if I cut up too many of those tea bags! But I do have peppermint loose leaf, so maybe I'll add that to another batch.
    Just thought you might like the idea suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails