Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Being Content in a World of More

Getting to spend time with my little girl in her everyday moments is one of the reasons why I choose to live with less in a world of more.
 I recently checked out a book at the library titled :" Living with Less So Your Family Has More". It is written by a Christian couple who have spent their lives in ministry. Meaning they know what it means to live with "less". I picked it up because I was in need of inspiration and conviction. With the Christmas season coming on I had begun to think about all the money I don't have to buy the things I want. I needed to be reminded that this is a choice I have made so I have more time (which is worth more than money) to spend building relationships with those closest to me.
Contentment. Philippians 4: 11-13   "Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it though anything in the One who makes me who I am." ( The Message)
 Contentment is something I am in the process of learning. It goes hand in hand with thankfulness. I have so many things to be thankful for. Sometimes I think I am too blessed.  As we enter this holiday season, we start with Thanksgiving. Let's not forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails