- Since the feed I am using is antibiotic free I am adding a clove of garlic and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to their drinking water every time I change the water (which is 3-4 times per day while they are in such close quarters)
- I have added natural branches for perches to encourage roosting. They ate the little bugs that came in on the branches!
- I put greens in with their food to encourage foraging that they will do when they are wandering around my backyard
- This afternoon when it warms up I am taking them outside to let them explore...two at a time. I will take pictures and let you know how it goes!
Tips I have read but not tried:
- Once or twice a week add oil of oregano and thyme to the water for their antiviral and anti fungal properties.
(I am buying some today so I can do this)