Monday, February 14, 2011

Menu Plan for the week of Feb 14 2011

Saffron chicken soup and cup of coffee, at &qu...Image via WikipediaSome weeks I love planning out the menu. Others it is just more work than I want to do. I have found I make much better use of my food when I take the time to quickly look through my pantry, fridge and freezer and decide what to cook for the week. Here is what I came up with for this week!

Monday Feb 14, 2011
Happy Valentines Day!
Breakfast: Oatmeal with almonds, raisins and coconut flakes
Lunch: Chicken Salad  with apple cider dressing (Olivia will eat anything including this. She loves the dressing)
Dinner: Steak, potatoes and mushrooms

Tuesday Feb 15 2011
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and zuccinni
Lunch: Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Salad
Dinner: Stuffed Green Peppers and Rice

To do: Soak the oats!

Wednesday Feb 16, 2011
Breakfast: Oatmeal again ( I am going to try soaking it, which I have never done. This will be an adventure!)
Lunch:  Cucumber and hummus sandwiches
Dinner: Chicken Soup

Thursday Feb 17th, 2011
Breakfast: Mexican egg wraps
Lunch: Left over chicken soup
Dinner: Pot roast

Friday Feb 18th, 2011
Breakfast:  Quinoa porridge
Lunch: Black bean and corn salad
Dinner:  Taco Salad with shredded beef from pot roast

Eggs appear to have been heavy on my mind for breakfast this week. They are so good for you and so cheap at the same time. Well cheap is a relative word. I pay extra for organic pasture fed. But still cheap compared to grass fed beef! I am ordering pasture raised lamb this week, which I am excited about. I have never done that much with lamb...

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails