Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Skirt Steak with Red Chili Stir Fry

Computers can be so frustrating! I have spent the last three days without the use of my keyboard or mouse. At first I felt very lost. I had so many things I wanted to do online but didn't have the ability close by. Not to mention so many ideas to post on this blog and no way to do it! Tonight my lovely accountant husband figured out how to use his android phone as a mouse and keyboard. Way to go honey!

So here is a quick blog on a delicious dinner we had the other night. So simple and quick to make. I highly recommend it. It is a very versatile dish. You can substitute any veggies you have for what I used. The meat is interchangeable too.

Just had to throw this picture in. I have daffodils growing in with my basil!
 This whole meal is cooked on the stove top.
Ingredients:
Grass fed skirt steak for 2-4 people (note you could also use chicken), marinate in coffee for 2-24 hours
Buckwheat Soba noodles
2 Tablespoons of organic extra virgin coconut oil
2 cups of cooked organic black beans ( I use dried beans that I cook myself and freeze)
Veggies of your choice. I used all organic as follows:
2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 yellow onion
2 Roma tomatoes
3 cups of organic green beans, frozen
3 cups of broccoli florets
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 a can of organic coconut milk
4-6 Tablespoons of Thai Kitchen Spicy Red Chili Sauce

Directions:
In a naturally non-stick pan (cast iron is what I use) cook your marinated meat until done. My skirt steak cooked for about 5 minutes each side, add salt and pepper to taste.

 Meanwhile in another pan place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and one yellow onion. Brown the onion  then add remaining veggies, coconut milk, black beans, Thai spicy sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on stove top until veggies are soft.

While veggies are cooking. Boil SOBA noodles according to directions on package.





 Olivia occupying herself in the kitchen.







Place the soba noodles on the plate first then top with skirt steak and veggies. Serve. This dish is slightly spicy but Oh so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails