Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Homemade Organic Kettle Corn

This blog was inspired by my sister-in-law. She was over the other night with her husband and started talking about kettle corn. It got my mouth watering.She mentioned she makes it with butter so it got me wondering what else I could use. Here is the result!
Ingredients:
1/4 cup of olive oil ( can also use coconut oil in the same quantity. I am out so I used what I had)
1/4 cup of sugar ( I used organic cane sugar from Costco)
1/2 cup of popcorn (Mine are organic from the bulk bins at the co-op)
You also need a 5 quart or larger saucepan with a lid



Place oil in the saucepan and heat until hot.


Then add the sugar. Stir in really well.





Then add the popcorn. Cover pot with lid. Shake the pot constantly to prevent the sugar from burning. Soon you should hear the popcorn begin to pop. When the popping slows to every 2-3 seconds remove the pot from the heat. Continue to shake the pot until the popping stops.




Place in a large bowl and allow to cool. Stir occasionally to prevent clumping.
Serve! We ate ours while watching a movie. It was delicious! I will never buy it in the store again. (Note this is way cheaper. The cheapest I have found the premade stuff is 1.99 at trader joes. This cost me less then a dollar!)



2 comments:

  1. this looks yummy!
    We ususally make our popcorn just w/palm oil on the stove and in a seperate pan warm butter and honey. I drizzle it over the bowl of popcorn and sprinkle on a tiny bit of salt. so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like the drizzled honey idea that is wonderful! I will have to try that next time! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails