Friday, July 8, 2011

Classic Potato Salad

First off for any successful dish to be made at our house, occupy Olivia. Today she was occupied with a nice long nap! She fell asleep while playing so I left her where she lay, literally!A great summer party always has a potato salad. I had a fourth of July party at my house and an over-abundance of potato's so I decided it was the perfect venue for a potato salad. Here is my favourite recipe. Modified from one I originally found somewhere on the web. 
 Ingredients: (all are organic unless otherwise mentioned)

  • A large colander full of cooked, quartered and peeled potatoes. I used a variety of types including russet, red, and fingerling's.
  • 9 hard boiled eggs
  • 1 bunch of celery, chopped small
  • 1 cup of diced onion
  • 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, more if you like a creamier salad (I did not have any organic on hand, had to borrow some from the neighbours!)
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste
  • 1 six ounce jar of sweet organic relish
  • 1-3 Tablespoons of organic dijon mustard (use to your taste)

Directions:
Cook the potatoes in boiling water
 Place your nine uncooked eggs in shallow water just barely covering them, bring to a boil then turn off the burner and let sit for 12 minutes. You now have hard boiled eggs.
 Chop your celery to bite size pieces
 Dice your fresh onions (mine were from my small non-exsistant garden)



 Cut up your eggs very small
 Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss together. Adjust seasoning to your taste buds. Some people like to add a tablespoon of white balsamic or rice vinegar.
 Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails