Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rhubarb Syrup Topping

I had some chopped up Rhubarb in my freezer left over from last year, so since the new rhubarb is going to come into season relatively soon I thought I would use mine up. It sounded good as an ice cream topping so I put a saucepan on the stove, dropped in my 2 cups of chopped up rhubarb, poured in my approx 1.75 cups of remaining maple syrup and brought it to a boil. Then I let it simmer for 30 minutes. At the end I threw in about a cup of strawberries and simmered for 5 more minutes. Then I poured it over my coconut ice cream. I do recommend a vanilla flavored ice cream though...mine was chocolate chip mint and the flavors didn't mesh that well, although i ate it anyways since it was cold, the syrup was warm and it seemed yummy.


This yummy syrup would also taste good over pancakes, waffles and yogurt!

1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence! I took frozen rhubarb out of my freezer today too! I'm making a rhubarb, apple cake.
    Your recipe sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails