Sunday, April 24, 2011

Budget Meal: Eggs en cocotte with mushrooms and leeks

 I found this recipe in a better homes and garden magazine. I modified one ramekin for myself subtracting the cheese. If you do that this recipe is gluten free, casein free, soy free, rice free! For the accountant and Olivia I left in the Parmesan cheese. In my opinion this is the best thing I have cooked since I got pregnant. I LOVED it. In fact we are eating it again tonight for dinner.
Ingredients: 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 small leek thinly sliced, 2 cups of thinly sliced cremini, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, 4 eggs, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil


 Directions: In a saucepan on the cook top place the coconut oil, leeks, and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are soft.
 Place the cooked mushroom dish in the ramekins, top with Parmesan cheese



 Then top with one egg per ramekin

 Place ramekins in a baking dish and pour very hot water into the dish, halfway up the ramekins. Place dish to oven and bake 30 minutes (check at about 15 minutes)when eggs are set but still have tender yolks remove from oven and serve. Garnish with parsley.  Serve immediately.!! Do not overcook...the eggs will turn leathery!! I checked my eggs at fifteen minutes then every five after that. Yokes must still be soft like an "easy over egg".






 Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails